Is there anything more beautiful around the house then fresh flowers? Whether you are picking your own or buying them from the market, here are a few tips to keep them looking fresh and gorgeous.
From your cutting garden:
1. If you are picking your own try to do it in the early part of the day before the sun starts to drain them.
2. Bring a bucket of water and put the stems in as soon as you cut them.
3. Pick the flowers that haven't bloomed completely yet so they will last longer
From the market:
1. Cut all of the stems on a diagonal
2. Take off any leaves that will be under the water line in you vase
3. Snip off thorns and remove damaged petals
Use tepid water
Add floral nutrients
Change the water regularly